
I planned this little event to be a surprise birthday party for Josh. And he was definitely surprised when his friends just started to come over to hang out with him. And more surprised when other friends showed up at the very place that we were going to dinner.

This is before the grill got started (it got pretty steamy after that).

We were watching the office episode where they go to the Japanese grill, and Josh happened to mention that they were his favorite restaurant to go to. So, I decided that was where we should go.

Some of our friends obviously have amazing chopsticking abilities.

After the dinner, we all went back to our apartment to celebrate with cake. Josh had specifically requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting, so he knew I was making a cake, but I hid it in the fridge and taped it shut so he wouldn't get tempted to look inside.

We had 26 trick candles, so there were one or two which were stubborn enough not to blow out.

This is Josh's previous roommate/friend Gary, who drove down from Salt Lake.

This is my previous roommate/friend Cari and her husband Bob, also from Salt Lake.

This is Josh's lucky shirt that his mom sent him from Ireland.

This is another of Josh's previous roommates/friends with his fiancee Racheal.

Me about to slice the cake.

I was pretty proud of the cake since I had never done a layered cake like this before.

We broke out the bubbly for the night.

After we ate cake, we told funny stories and played cards. These are the remains of our party!
No comments:
Post a Comment