Sunday, June 6, 2010

In the craziness of being sick, work, etc., I don't know that I've ever told everyone that an article that I wrote two years ago is going to be published for sure later this year in the Journal of Aesthetic Education. I heard about a year ago from the editor of the journal that they really liked it and wanted to publish it, but then I never heard anything more, so I assumed that it would be a long way off yet (or perhaps not at all).


So much to my surprise, about two weeks ago I received a letter from the productions editor at JAE that said this:


Dear Prof. Green,


Attached for your review is a copyedited version of your Journal of Aesthetic Education contribution, which will be appearing in the Winter 2010 (44.4) issue.


Naturally, I was pretty excited and called Josh, but I think I was sick that morning and never really told anybody else.


Tonight I finally got around to reviewing the changes, so I thought I would just take this moment to celebrate with all of you. Also, to marvel at how unabashedly I can toss out words like diegetic, contrapuntal, and specificity when writing in my academic voice (I laughed quite a bit while reading my high-falutin' English tonight).

2 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Yay!! Congratulations Jess!

RCole said...

Congrats! I'm writing a manual right now for work, and sometimes I see some of what other people had written and it's awful. Wrong capitalization, punctuation, spelling, etc. And from a 5-star resort! Needless to say, I expected more. I totally thought of you while I was writing/compiling/editing.